Sunday, July 11, 2010

iPhone 4 jailbreak jailbroken tested - may be old news

So, I had just opened up a checking account with Chase and to my delight, I was rewarded with $150 dollars for opening it up. I didn't actually think that was going to happen. Anyway, I decided to try http://unlockiphoneusa.com/ which has been reported by beforerumors.com to be a legitimate source to get iPhone 4 jailbreak software. However, not only is the jailbreak itself pretty bad because it requires that your phone never be turned off or your phone will require iTunes (according to them that may not work either) and you have to use their updating software. It's actually pretty ridiculous how much a of a SCAM is being perpetrated by them. I imagine no one who actually wants a jailbreak and/or an unlock was willing to shell out the money for something that may be released soon, but I just want people to know, IT IS BALOGNA. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS AT ALL. IT DOES NOTHING FOR THE IPHONE 4 AND THE WAY SENTENCES ARE WORDED MAKE IT APPEAR TO THOSE THAT ARE IMPATIENT (I had a feeling they did this intentionally) THINK THEY MEAN THE IPHONE 4 WHEN THEY ACTUALLY MEAN THE IPHONE 4.0 WHICH, technically is nothing at all. In fact, I think the wording is done in such a way as to mislead you into thinking that their jailbreak/unlock for the IOS 4.0 is actually for the iPhone 4.
When I got my e-mail with the URL address to download the file, it sent me to a site that asks me which iPhone I have, limiting me to 3GS, 3G, 2G (remember, the 2G is the 1st iPhone, but refers to the use of the EDGE network, which is 2G data coverage for GSM phones. I recommend buying the iPhone 4 from www.amazon.com because amazon.com makes returns incredibly easy. Although I would urge you to investigate their policy on the iPhone. I read about the possibility of a recall on some news sites that are so anecdotal and unreliable that I'm not even going to post the links because I don't want someone skimming over this and being disappointed by an unsubstantiated rumor (as far as I know) that the iPhone 4 will be recalled. In fact, if it is recalled, it is very likely that if the new IOS update does not resolve the reception issue some people are having, you will be able to do an immediate exchange. I have the iPhone 4 and I love it and I have literally no problems with it. I can, if I TRY TO do so, replicate the reduction in signal on the phone, but calls don't just end or drop. I think the combination of this drop in signal (which actually happens with certain other phones out there) on top of a congested ATT network can lead to a dropped call. I've talked to many people and they agree that the frequency with which they have dropped called with the iPhone 4 is no more than with the iPhone 3GS or 3G. Can't say much about the 2G, as almost everyone I know except 1 person, still has the iPhone 2G.

In any case, http://unlockiphoneusa.com/ IS A SCAM. UNLOCK IPHONE USA is a SCAM. They actually require that you enter their site from the e-mail with your iPhone to get your IMEI, then they say it can take up to 24 hours to get the unlock code. Keep in mind, they claim the download is only available for 5 days I believe, unless you pay an extra 5$ or so dollars to get some extended service through which you can supposedly download the software whenever you want. Oh yeah, and every time I click on "live chat" it goes to what seems like a DEFAULT page saying that live chat is not available.

I actually knew from the beginning that this site is a SCAM to a degree because they re-worded everything when people started going crazy about the iPhone 4 jailbreak and used that to get more purchases. I don't expect it to happen, but I am going to demand a refund from them. Then again, I suspect I would waste much time doing so and it may just not be worth it.

I would just wait for the DEV TEAM to come out with the jailbreak. Be patient, the iPhone 4 is pretty great even without the jailbreak but I still love all those customizations and actually need the google voice application available on CYDIA for work calls.

Well, that's pretty much it. I would appreciate it if you find this at all useful to you that you that you help me out in any way you can. Anyway, if you have any questions at all that I haven't answered, let me know!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: